Subject: Re: [amos-list] Cool Effects
From: "Andy H." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 14:57:59 +0800

From: "Andy H." <[email-masked]>

To get transparent bobs, save them as 8 colours and load them into a 16
colour screen.  Use the SET BOB command to only draw in the first 3
planes and you will get a transparency effect. 

The same works for higher colour screens as long as your sprites colour
planes are less than the chosen screen planes.

Blended colours are made from colours higher in the palette so you may
want to reserve the top 3 or 4 for exactly the right colour you desire
after a blend.

Screen Copy using bit patterns also works, and with logical operators
such as AND OR et. al.

The other option you have is to make transparent shapes from the POLYGON
command setting the fill pattern so it's a checker pattern.  You will
see the other graphics underneath.
Andy H.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Attention ONElist list owners!
http://www.onelist.com/info/news.html
Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html